Protecting your Jeep Wrangler from scrapes, rocks, and the countless things you could brush up with on a trail gets a whole lot easier with a quality front bumper.
There are plenty of options to choose from, too.
If you want a different style, one with LED lights, or one with a winch mount you’re in luck.
Here are the 4 best Jeep Wrangler JK bumpers:
1. TAC Bull Bar Jeep Wrangler JK Bumper Guard
Fits: 2010-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
The TAC Bull Bar is a front bumper guard grille for JKs. It’s not a true front bumper replacement.
This is attached over your stock bumper with bolt-on included hardware for an extra layer of protection.
It’s the cheapest of the bunch and that’s why we featured it. If you aren’t planning on adding a winch or a light bar and you’re just looking for something a little extra – then this is a good choice.
Because it’s a bolt-on and you don’t have to remove the stock bumper – installing this is a breeze and should take you less than 30 minutes. The bumper is made of steel and it comes with a 5-year warranty. This is the best budget option for someone who wants to add a little bit of protection and prefers a simple style.
2. U-Drive Jeep Wrangler JK Bumper W/ Winch Plate
Fits: 2007-2019 Jeep Wrangler JK/JL
The U-Drive Auto front bumper guard with winch plate is a full replacement for your stock Wrangler bumper.
Did we mention it’s really cheap for what you get? For bumper replacements, you’re going to be hard pressed to find something at a better price.
It has a winch plate on it, so you can add one pretty easy. There are d-rings as well and the bumper has a nice appearance to it. It’s not too aggressive but its got style points for sure. This is a bolt-on install which is going to take a little bit, but its not hard.
The install is should take two people since this bumper is about 80 lbs. Unless you have a stand for it. U-Drive has a lifetime warranty on this bumper for rust and corrosion which is nice to hear. Not every manufacturer offers those things.
We love this thing honestly. Lots of these bumpers can be pretty expensive and if you like the look of this its the best value out there.
3. E-Autogrilles JJKFB003 EAG Stubby Front Bumper with OE Fog Light Housing
Fits: 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
Like other models, it’s made of steel tubing. There are attached d-ring mounts and this can hold a larger sized winch. With up to a 12000 pound capacity. The powder coated finished will help prevent rust!
4. LEDKINGDOMUS Jeep Wrangler JK Bumper W/ Winch Plate
Fits: 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
The LEDKINGDOMUS front bumper for Jeep JKs looks pretty similar to a lot of other options on this list with one big difference, price.
If you want a replacement bumper with a winch plate, included lighting, and with steel construction – then this is pretty hard to beat.
It’s the first front bumper kit we’ve seen that includes lighting, which is pretty cool considering this is also one of the cheapest on the list. The seller offers a full warranty on any parts which should offer some peace of mind.
The one knock on this product is that it doesn’t come with installation instructions for anything. While the bumper is a bolt-on, the lighting is a bit more involved.
How to Remove your Jeep Wrangler JKs Front Bumper
If you’d like a visual demonstration the video below features everything we’re going to tell you. Rob from Quadratec does a great job explaining the process.
Tools Required: 18mm 3/8ths drive socket with a wrench, Phillips head screwdriver, a plastic panel tool or some sort of wedge to pop off clips, and possibly a drill.
- Remove the 4 clips at the front of the air dam using your plastic panel tool. You’ll need to use some force to remove these so don’t get nervous if they’re not popping out easily.
- There are 2 more clips behind the air dam. You’ll have to reach back there to yank these out. It’s a bit annoying. After this, your lower air dam should dislodge. If it doesn’t give it a bit of a yank. Remember, you should have removed 6 clips in total.
- Unplug the wiring harness tabs from your stock fog lights. There should be 2 different tabs for you to quick release.
- After disconnecting the wiring harness tabs, reach behind the bumper and locate the 4 additional clips. Use your plastic panel tool to pop these off.
- Grab your socket wrench with the 18mm socket attached. There are 4 nuts on each side of your bumper, 8 in total. Remove the 8 nuts.
- After removing all the nuts, your bumper should be free to remove. Slide the bumper off and set it on the ground.
- The final step involves removing the upper air dam. It has 2 retainers and they’re plastic. So go easy on them, but if you do damage the threads just drill them out. It’s common for these to strip for even the most careful worker, don’t be too hard on yourself if it happens, you won’t need them anyways.(it even happens to the pro in the video) Use your Phillips screwdriver for this.
- Pop off the upper air dam and you’re good. A lot cheaper than the dealer prices!
Installing a new bumper on your Jeep JK isn’t too complex and it improves the look of your ride. But picking a good replacement at a good price can be a little daunting with all the variety. It should be fun too – there are so many good choices.
For us, we think the U-Drive bumper is the best value. It has a winch plate and it’s one of the most affordable front bumpers available. If you want to go into the next bracket of the higher price ranged items, Razer Auto’s front bumper checks all the boxes. The skid plate, aggressive styling, and heavy-duty construction are all good reasons to go for it.
It mostly depends on the style you find attractive and what you want your front bumper for. Whichever you decide, let us know and let us know if you end up happy with it!
We love hearing from people. Stay safe and have fun shopping.
I'm the owner of Beast Auto. I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I love anything automotive related, and taking road trips all across my beautiful state.