Finding a good set of tube doors is about a style you like, their build quality, and their price.
So we went on the hunt to find the most aesthetic, functional doors out there today while keeping the points above in mind.
Here are the 4 best tube doors for Jeep Wrangler JKs:
1. Smittybilt Tube Doors
This is exactly the type of add on people want when they’re looking for the bare minimum. So if you’ve got a Jeep and want to keep it safe for your pets, personal items, or the fortunate nephew/nieces that go for a ride along – then this is for you.
It’s very affordable and made by a reputable brand. Smittybilt has been around for more than 50 years, and they offer a lifetime warranty on this product.
2. Tuff Stuff Jeep Trail Tube Doors
Fit: 2007-2018 2 Door Jeep Wrangler JK
Tuff Stuff’s tube door set is a good choice for a 2 door Jeep Wrangler JK. This is a powder coated heavy duty product in the same price range as competitors.
If you like have a 2 door these might be a good option for you. Mirrors are not included, so even though this thing is cheap out the gate you’ll have to factor in the additional cost of buying those separate. Kind of a bummer for us. The mirror mounting holes are pre-drilled, though.
3. Danti Front & Rear Half Tube Door for 2007~2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited
Fit: 2007-2018 4 Door Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited
Feeling a bit patriotic lately? If you’ve got a taste for freedom, you can compliment it with this 4 door set from Danti. You get a year warranty with this product.
It’s relatively new to the marketplace but we did our homework on Danti and they deal tons of auto accessories and parts. Most of their reviews are positives and they generally seem to be a decent manufacturer.
Which is always comforting. These mount to your factory hinges and they’re 88 lbs in total. So about 20 lbs each, pretty light. Like most of the Jeep doors on this review, they’re made of a thin 1/8th inch steel sheeting.
4.u-Box Jeep JK Off Road Front & Rear Tubular Doors
Fit: 2007-2018 4 Door Jeep Wrangler JK & Unlimited
You wont pay as much as other brands, in fact we saw a strikingly similar option for two hundred dollars more. They include a 1 year warranty. If you like this look, this is going to be the best value for a 4-door Jeep.
How to install tube doors for a Jeep Wrangler JK?
Tube doors install just like the factory ones. Installation is a bolt-on process. Take off the retaining nuts and lift off your factory doors. Then drop the tube doors in the hinges.
You won’t need tools for doors by themselves. The whole install could take you around 50 minutes to two hours, tightening down mirrors and gathering all the things together is going to be the most time consuming part.
A moderate difficulty install overall. Unless your factory door is stuck in there pretty good. In that case you might need a lubricant to loosen it up.
Why do people get tube doors for their Jeeps?
Here’s a list of the most common reasons Jeep owners opt for tube doors.
- An arm rest. Door-less Jeeps are cool and all but having an arm rest is a good thing.
- They will take an impact a lot better than the side of your leg. If you plan on offroading that might be important to you.
- They’re cheaper to replace than factory doors. If you bang up a tube door you’re only out a couple hundred bucks at most.
- Doggy containers. For anyone who owns dogs you know that they get an urge to jump when they see something. The tube door will keep your dog contained.
- Your legs stay in the Jeep. If you’ve ever driven with a doorless setup you know there can be this odd urge to stick your foot out like it’s going to help stop a Wrangler from rolling.
- They look cool. Lets be honest, they have style points. While sometimes they get flak for being used on mall crawlers, there isn’t anything wrong with looking good.
- It might be the law. Depending on where you live a door could be required by your local regulations.
- Passengers are more comfortable. Sometimes you’ll get someone riding with you that does not like the open air feel.
- Branches and scrape prevention. Doors stop objects from scraping at you and your legs. Especially if you’re riding on a trail.
When considering the prices, we think the best value is the u-Box door set. All brands here are quality made, but u-Box has some of the best bang for your buck. If you like their design that is.
If you don’t, let us know which one you got and how it worked out for you.