Adding some nice looking tube doors to your Jeep is a good upgrade. You get some added protection and your dog isn’t going to jump out at the first cat he sees. Well, he might try but now it won’t be possible.
Finding a good set of tube doors is about a style you like, their build quality, and their price. Price can vary a bit along with looks.
So we went on the hunt to find the coolest, most functional doors out there today.
Here are the 4 best tube doors for Jeep Wrangler JKs:
Body Armor Complete Tube Door Set
Fit: 2007-2017 4 Door Jeep Wrangler JK
The Body Armor tube door set has a different look than most models out there. It comes with netting and mirrors to fit on to the doors. They have pre-drilled mirror mounting holes for easy installation. No clamps used. This is a product that was made in the States.
It’s expensive though, the most expensive on the list. It’s also the most complete kit and has its own unique look so we get it. Metal isn’t cheap and neither is welding it.
It’s going to take you a bit more time than other doors to install these, but it’s pretty much plug and play. You have to set the hinges and tighten the included hardware, that’s it. Extreme Terrain has a great install video that you can see below.
These are well made and they look good. Again our one knock is the price.
Tuff Stuff Jeep Trail Tube Doors
Fit: 2007-2018 2 Door Jeep Wrangler JK
Tuff Stuff’s tube door set is a good choice for a 2 door Jeep Wrangler JK. This is a powder coated heavy duty product in the same price range as competitors.
If you like have a 2 door these might be a good option for you. Mirrors are not included, so even though this thing is cheap out the gate you’ll have to factor in the additional cost of buying those separate. Kind of a bummer for us. The mirror mounting holes are pre-drilled, though.
Hooke Road Front & Rear Tubular Doors
Fit: 2007-2018 4 Door Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited
Hook road has made some interesting style choices on their 4 door tubular door set. They’ve avoided the tube look by adding sheet metal to give their doors a flat surface. There’s also a Chinese symbol on the front doors.
Their meaning is free horse and restraint, but people buy it cause it looks cool. The amount of people we know that get symbols tattooed on them without knowing a language is up there, so if you like the look then it might be for you.
Overall this is actually a pretty awesome value. You’ll pay similar prices for a 2 door set, but this comes with all 4. If you don’t like the symbols it isn’t etched, you can paint over these or find another way to change them.
This kit does not include mirrors, you’ll have to get them separately. Another issue is that instructions are not included. But, these are installed the same way as other doors. We have install tutorials linked on this page that you could follow.
u-Box Jeep JK Off Road Front & Rear Tubular Doors
Fit: 2007-2018 4 Door Jeep Wrangler JK & Unlimited
U-Box is a pretty awesome brand in general and their 4 door kit is another quality offering. Why are we singing their praises? Well, they’re consistently affordable yet they turn out good stuff. Including this kit.
You wont pay as much as other brands, in fact we saw a strikingly similar option for two hundred dollars more. They include a 1 year warranty. If you like this look, this is going to be the best value for a 4-door Jeep.
How to install tube doors for a Jeep Wrangler JK?
Tube doors install just like the factory ones. So installation is an easy bolt-on process. Take off the retaining nuts and lift off your factory doors. Then drop the tube doors in the hinges. You won’t need tools for doors by themselves. The whole install could take you around 50 minutes to two hours, tightening down mirrors and gathering all the things together is going to be the most time consuming part.
A very easy install overall. Unless your factory door is stuck in there pretty good! In that case you might need a lubricant to loosen it up.
Why do people get tube doors for their Jeeps?
Here’s a list of the most common reasons Jeep owners opt for tube doors.
- An arm rest. Door-less Jeeps are cool and all but having an arm rest is a good thing.
- They will take an impact a lot better than the side of your leg. If you plan on offroading that might be important to you.
- They’re cheaper to replace than factory doors. If you bang up a tube door you’re only out a couple hundred bucks at most.
- Doggy containers. For anyone who owns dogs you know that they get an urge to jump when they see something. The tube door will keep your dog contained.
- Your legs stay in the Jeep. If you’ve ever driven with a doorless setup you know there can be this odd urge to stick your foot out like it’s going to help stop a Wrangler from rolling. These doors help fight that illogical urge. The video below demonstrates that!
- They look cool. Lets be honest, they have style points. While sometimes they get flak for being used on mall crawlers, there isn’t anything wrong with looking good.
- It might be the law. Depending on where you live a door could be required by your local regulations.
- Passengers are more comfortable. Sometimes you’ll get someone riding with you that does not like the open air feel.
- Branches and scrape prevention. Doors stop objects from scraping at you and your legs. Especially if you’re riding on a trail.
Tube doors look pretty cool and we see the appeal of anyone wanting to add them. They’re also functional, they have purpose and they don’t take too much work to install. When considering the prices, we think the best value is the u-Box door set. All brands here are quality made, but u-Box does have the best bang for your buck. If you like their design that is.
If you don’t, let us know which one you got and how it worked out for you. We’ve also heard really good things about the Body Armour set.
I'm the owner of Beast Auto. I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I love anything automotive related, and taking road trips all across my beautiful state.