A biker knows the importance of carrying a bike. There’s nothing worse than getting ready for an outing but not having enough room for the bike. I found a four bike carrier handy when going camping as this was when the whole family wanted to bring their bike along.
So I introduce you to the best four bike racks on the market. I have studied and reviewed each one to ensure the recommendations provided as unbiased and genuine.
Let's have a look at the best bike racks that can carry 4 bikes
Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Racks
Made of steel, this sports bike rack by Allen does precisely what it promises. The rack accommodates 4 bikes at a time and keeps them secure throughout the trip. The rack connects with the 2-inch hitch receivers.
It is one of the safest and most reliable options for a wide array of bikes. It’s been picked as one of the best bike racks capable of carrying 4 bikes for several reasons. Firstly it’s affordable; secondly, it’s easy to operate and sturdy; however, it does require a hitch, so if your car doesn’t have one of these, then this one won’t be suitable for you.
Some great features are that the rack has a flexible and adjustable carry arm that can house bikes of different frames and styles – including kid’s bikes and adult bikes with confidence. The rack also comes with a tilt-back design that enables you to tilt the rack a bit to get access to the rear of your vehicle without having to lift the rack. It features a foldable design, meaning you can fold the rack when it is not in use.
The company has secured this rack with no-wobble technology that prevents any wobbling or rattling of the bikes when the car is in motion. The rack is available in a black powder-coated finish that gives it a sleek and clean look. Assembly is required, but it only needs three bolts to assemble the rack and get your vehicle running.
- Foldable design: Enjoy a high level of flexibility with this rack. Fold it and store it in the car’s trunk when it’s not needed. The foldable design of the rack means you can fold and store it safely.
- Tie-down Cradle: The rack can hold 4 bikes and a maximum weight of 140 lbs. It has an individual tie-down cradle system, allowing you to secure each bike to the rack tightly and ensure maximum protection for your bikes. While the cradles are fixed in place and stay sturdy, they can be adjusted manually to accommodate bikes of varying styles and shapes.
- Tilt-away Design: The tilt-away design of the rack allows you easy and secure access to the cargo. Tilt the rack down and lift your vehicle’s rear gate. It saves you removing the rack every time you need access to the car’s trunk.
- Easy and Quick Installation: The no-wobble hitch installation means you only have to connect the rack to the hitch receiver using three bolts and load your bikes one-by-one on the rack. Make sure you tighten the rack securely to the hitch before placing bikes.
- Versatile: Like other Allen racks, this product works with a wide range of cars so long as they have a 2″ hitch receiver. In addition, the rack is flexible enough to accommodate bikes of different shapes and sizes beautifully.
Hitch Mount Double Foldable Rack
The all-steel construction makes this rack a powerful option for mountain bikes, e-bikes, and other bike frames. It comes with a powder-coated black finish, which looks elegant and straightforward. Despite its ability to house 4 bikes, the rack features a lightweight and compact design.
Whether you are traveling to the nearest town or you are embarking on a long road trip, with the IKURAM 4-bike rack in place, you can rest assured that your bikes will stay sturdy.
The rack maintains an adequate distance between each bike, keeping them away from each other and protecting the frame of these bikes. Use its tilt-down feature to tilt the rack and get easy access to the back of the car. It comes with a foldable design, allowing you to fold the rack away.
The rack is backed by a lifetime warranty, so should you ever face any trouble with the rack, you can call the company for a quick fix. The rack’s rugged design can hold 4 bikes and guarantee wobble-free and compact transportation of bikes. The three-bolt assembly makes this rack an ideal option for all bikers. The rack can hold 140 lbs. Lastly, the powder-coat finish is rust-resistant.
- No-wobble and quick rack installation
- Compatible with cars having 2-inch hitch receivers
- Simple and rugged fold-down design
- All steel construction
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
- Adjustable and flexible cradles
- Swing-down feature
- High-quality powder-coat finish
- Capacity to hold up to 4 bikes and handle a weight of 140 lbs
- Compact and lightweight design
- Rubber cradle straps
4-Bike Deluxe Hitch Mount Rack
It is yet another steel-made, black bicycle rack that offers safe transportation of your bikes to your desired location. The rack comes with the swing down feature that allows you to tilt the rack down to access the trunk of your car. The flexible design supports a quick and simple fold-down system.
It can carry four bikes and handle a total weight of 150 lbs. The padded bike cradle is designed to keep the bikes at a small distance, thus protecting the bike’s finish. The product fits cars with a 2-inch hitch receiver. Additionally, the manufacturer has added a reflector to enhance visibility at night. You can buy the threaded locking pin separately for safety requirements.
Note that the product is not compatible with RVs. Discuss your car’s make and model with the supplier before buying this rack. It’s a good and cost-effective option for families looking for a reliable and flexible rack to transport 4 bikes. The rack is strong enough to hold these bikes securely until they are dismantled. After attaching the rack to the hitch, use the safety straps to tighten the bikes to the rack. Fold the rack and keep it in a carry bag or your car’s trunk when it is not in use.
- Hold 4 bikes weighing 150 lbs combined
- Fits cars with 2″ hitch receivers
- All-steel construction and powder-coated black finish
- Swing down design
- Padded bike cradle
- Safety straps to secure the bikes to the rack
- Adjustable and flexible cradle
STROMBER Platform Style 4 Bike Carrier
The rubber construction and black finish give this bike carrier a sleek and elegant look. This platform-style bike carrier can accommodate up to 4 bikes. The specialty of the product is that it can fit all types of vehicles, including fifth wheels, motorhomes, and trailers.
This is because it sits further back than the other racks when connected, making it suitable for cars that carry a spare tire. The adjustable cradles allow you to place any type of bike and keep them tightened to this rack throughout your journey.
Another great thing about this rack is turning it into a 2-bike rack by detaching a few bolts. The assembly of the rack is pretty simple. The foldable design means it takes up minimal space. The rack has an anti-sway design, which means it keeps your bikes stable and sturdy throughout the trip. Overall, it is a good choice for those looking for an adjustable bike rack for their cars.
- Foldable design
- Carry 4 bikes
- Adjustable cradle
- Compatible with a wide variety of bikes
- Made of rubber
- Available in a premium black finish
- Turn into a 2-bike rack
4-Bike Premium Carrier with Quick Release Handle
This alloy-steel-made black hitch-mounted bike rack is for those looking for a bike rack in the premium segment. Compatibility is the best feature of this rack. The model is designed to fit a wide array of cars, trucks, SUVs, and other four-wheelers.
The company has introduced many racks in the past few years, and all had a few things in common – affordability, durability, and solid construction.
Whether you are passionate about riding on uneven and bumpy terrains or you drive on the regular pavement. The rack is designed to fit into 2-inch hitch receivers, and it supports 4 bikes, each weighing 30 lbs (max). The safety straps must be used for securing the bikes to the racks firmly.
The manufacturer supplies 8 UV-resistant and stretchable straps that keep the bikes in place and hold them fixed throughout the trip. Moreover, the anti-wobble design of the rack prevents any form of wobbling or rattling when your vehicle is in motion. Plus, the rack is compatible with a broad range of vehicles. It can carry all types of bikes seamlessly to any destination.
- Compatible with 2” hitch receivers
- Handle 120 lbs seamlessly
- Instruction manual for detailed installation guide
- Locking hitch pin
- Feature pow-der-coated steel construction
- Anti-wobble design
- Rear reflectors improve night visibility
- 8x safety straps keep your bikes locked in place
Why are the bike racks all hitch mounted?
All these options are hitch mounted due to the carrying capacity of the bike racks. Finding a trunk-mounted bike rack capable of carrying 4 bikes is not something I would recommend. In my search, I couldn’t find any on the market. Obviously, they have limitations as not being connected to something solid makes the loading capacity limited.
Our final say on 4 carrier bike racks
Not every rack is designed to hold 4 bikes, and even if they do, there is a chance the rack might get damaged, or the bike might slip. That’s why you must pay close attention to the features of the rack and choose a product that fits your individual requirements.
You can’t squeeze four bikes in your car’s backseat – no matter how big your vehicle is. The racks mentioned above make an excellent option for the bikers planning a family trip to mountains and other exciting locations. Give these racks a try and enjoy your trip.