A biker knows the importance of carrying a bike along when traveling to some fun and adventurous places. What could be a better way to enjoy the streets, mountainous trails, and other exciting locations than by bringing your bikes? It gets even more exciting when you are taking your family on the trip. Imagine exploring the uneven and thrilling terrains of a new location with your family on your new mountain bikes. So, how are you planning to bring your bikes to the destination? First things first, never stuff your bikes in the car, as that’s not a practical way to transport your bikes to any place. Even if you place your bike in the backseat of your vehicle, you can fit only one bike. It doesn’t work if you are planning a family trip. Plus, it might damage your car’s interiors and the bike too. That’s why most bikers have now embraced the bike racks.
Let's have a look at the best bike racks that can carry 4 bikes
Available in different styles and frames, the car bike racks are designed to accommodate a wide array of bikes seamlessly. These racks keep your bikes locked in position until you dismantle the bikes yourself. The manufacturers add high-quality safety straps that can be used to secure the bikes to the rack, keeping them in place throughout the journey. However, finding a perfect bike rack can get a little challenging when the market is full of an extensive range of racks designed to accommodate different types of bikes.
Now, not all racks are capable of carrying 4 bikes. In fact, a vast majority of racks have the capacity to hold up to 2 bikes (max). You can choose the roof-mounted bike racks or the hitch-mounted racks for your car. However, check the specifications of the product before making a purchase. You don’t want to end up investing in a rack that can barely hold 2 bikes. Below we have listed the 5 popular bike racks that are trending recently. These racks are designed to carry up to four bikes flawlessly. Let’s get started.
Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Racks
Connect the rack to the hitch receiver and load your bikes using the individual tie-down cradle system. It has a flexible and adjustable carry arm that can house bikes of different frames and styles – including kid’s bikes and adult bikes with confidence. The rack comes with a tilt-back design that enables you to tilt the rack a bit to get access to the rear gates of your vehicle without having to lift the rack. It features a foldable design, meaning you can fold the rack when it is not in use. The company has secured this rack with no-wobble technology that prevents any wobbling or rattling of the bikes when the car is in motion. The rack is available in a black powder-coated finish that gives it a sleek and clean look. Assembly is required, but it only needs three bolts to assemble the rack and get your vehicle running.
- Foldable design: Enjoy a high level of flexibility with this rack. Fold it and store it in the car’s trunk when it’s not needed. The foldable design of the rack means you can fold and store it safely.
- Tie-down Cradle: The rack can hold 4 bikes and a maximum weight of 140 lbs. It has an individual tie-down cradle system, allowing you to secure each bike to the rack tightly and ensure maximum protection for your bikes. While the cradles are fixed in place and stay sturdy, they can be adjusted manually to accommodate bikes of varying styles and shapes.
- Tilt-away Design: The tilt-away design of the rack allows you easy and secure access to the cargo. Tilt the rack down and lift your vehicle’s rear gate. It saves you the time of removing the rack every time you need access to the car’s trunk.
- Easy and Quick Installation: The no-wobble hitch installation means you only have to connect the rack to the hitch receiver using three bolts and load your bikes one-by-one on the rack. Make sure you tighten the rack securely to the hitch before placing bikes.
- Versatile: Like other Allen racks, this product works with a wide range of cars so long as they have a 2” hitch receiver. In addition, the rack is flexible enough to accommodate bikes of different shapes and sizes beautifully.
Hitch Mount Double Foldable Rack
The all-steel construction makes this rack a powerful option for mountain bikes, e-bikes, and other bike frames. It comes with a powder-coated black finish, which looks simple and elegant. Despite its ability to house 4 bikes, the rack features a lightweight and compact design. Whether you are traveling to the nearest town or you are embarking on a long road trip, with the IKURAM 4-bike rack in place, you can rest assured that your bikes will stay sturdy. The rack maintains an adequate distance between each bike, keeping them away from each other and protecting the frame of these bikes.
Use its tilt-down feature to tilt the rack and get easy access to the back of the car. It comes with a foldable design, allowing you to fold the rack away when you don’t need it. The rack is backed by a lifetime warranty, so should you ever face any trouble with the rack, you can call the company for a quick fix. The rugged design of the rack can hold 4 bikes and guarantee wobble-free and compact transportation of these bikes. The three-bolt assembly makes this rack an ideal option for all bikers. The rack has the ability to hold 140 lbs. Plus, the powder-coat finish is rust-resistant.
- No-wobble and quick rack installation
- Compatible with cars having 2-inch hitch receivers
- Simple and rugged fold-down design
- All steel construction
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
- Adjustable and flexible cradles
- Swing-down feature
- High-quality powder-coat finish
- Capacity to hold up to 4 bikes and handle a weight of 140 lbs
- Compact and lightweight design
- Rubber cradle straps
4-Bike Deluxe Hitch Mount Rack
It is yet another steel-made, black bicycle rack that offers safe transportation of your bikes to your desired location. The rack comes with the swing down feature that allows you to tilt the rack down to access the trunk of your car. The flexible design of the product supports a quick and simple fold-down system.
It can carry four bikes and handle a total weight of 150 lbs. There is the padded bike cradle, which is designed to keep the bikes at a small distance, thus protecting the bike’s finish. The product fits the cars with 2” hitch receivers. Besides, the manufacturer has added a reflector to enhance visibility at night. You can buy the threaded locking pin separately for safety requirements.
Note that the product is not compatible with RVs. Discuss your car’s make and model with the supplier before buying this rack. It’s a good and cost-effective option for families looking for a reliable and flexible rack that can transport their 4 bikes to their desired destinations. The rack is strong enough to hold these bikes securely until they are dismantled. Use the safety straps to tighten the bikes to the rack, after attaching the rack to the hitch. Fold the rack and keep it in a carry bag or your car’s trunk when it is not in use. Overall, MAXXHaul 4-bike Deluxe Hitch Mount Rack (70210) delivers a wonderful performance.
- Hold 4 bikes weighing 150 lbs combined\
- Fits cars with 2” hitch receivers
- All-steel construction and powder-coated black finish
- Swing down design
- Padded bike cradle
- Safety straps to secure the bikes to the rack
- Adjustable and flexible cradle
STROMBER Platform Style 4 Bike Carrier
The rubber construction and black finish give this bike carrier a sleek and elegant look. STROMBER platform-style bike carrier can accommodate up to 4 bikes. The specialty of the product is that it can fit all types of vehicles, including fifth wheels, motorhomes, and Travel Trailers. The adjustable cradles allow you to place any type of bike and keep them tightened to this rack throughout your journey.
Another great thing about this rack is that you can turn it into a 2-bike rack by detaching a few bolts. The assembly of the rack is pretty simple and it comes with the great build quality. Foldable design means it takes a small space. The rack has an anti-sway design, which means it keeps your bikes stable and sturdy throughout the trip. Overall, it is a good choice for those looking for an adjustable bike rack for their cars.
- Foldable design
- Carry 4 bikes
- Adjustable cradle
- Compatible with a wide variety of bikes
- Made of rubber
- Available in a premium black finish
- Turn into a 2-bike rack
4-Bike Premium Carrier with Quick Release Handle
This alloy-steel-made black hitch-mounted bike rack is for those looking for a bike rack in the premium segment. Compatibility is the best feature of this rack. The model is designed to fit a wide array of cars, trucks, SUVs, and other four-wheelers. The company has introduced many racks in the past few years, and all had a few things in common – affordability, durability, and solid construction.
Whether you are passionate about riding on uneven and bumpy terrains or you drive on the regular pavement, KAC S4 2” Hitch Mounted Bike Rack Quick Release Handle rack can get your vehicles transported to any location without any hassle.
The rack is designed to fit into 2” hitch receivers and it supports 4 bikes each weighing 30 lbs (max). The safety straps must be used for securing the bikes to the racks firmly.
The manufacturer supplies 8 UV-resistant and stretchable straps that keep the bikes in place and hold them in a fixed position throughout the trip. Moreover, the anti-wobble design of the rack prevents any form of wobbling or rattling when your vehicle is in motion. Plus, the rack is compatible with a broad range of vehicles. It can carry all types of bikes seamlessly to any destination.
- Compatible with 2” hitch receivers
- Handle 120 lbs seamlessly
- Instruction manual for detailed installation guide
- Locking hitch pin
- Feature pow-der-coated steel construction
- Anti-wobble design
- Rear reflectors improve night visibility
- 8x safety straps keep your bikes locked in place
Our final say on 4 carrier bike racks
Not every rack is designed to hold 4 bikes, and even if they do, there is a chance the rack might get damaged or the bike might slip. That’s why you must pay close attention to the features of the rack and choose a product that fits your individual requirements. You can’t squeeze four bikes in your car’s backseat – no matter how big your vehicle is. The above-mentioned racks make an excellent option for the bikers planning a family trip to mountains and other exciting locations. Give these racks a try and enjoy your trip.